- Family birthing Rooms with double beds and bathroom en suites.
- Full birthing facilities for normal birth.
- Pool for water births and labour.
- Partners can stay one night (please see Partners for more information).
- Postnatal stay - usually 1-4 days.
- You can transfer back from another hospital postnatally, within 12 hours of a normal birth or 24 - 48 hours after an abnormal birth. Subject to availability of rooms. Your Lead Maternity Carer (LMC) should arrange transfer preferably during labour.
- 24 hour trained midwives to care for you postnatally.
- Kitchenette with snacks, fruit, milo, tea and coffee making facilities near your room.
- TV in rooms.
- All linen provided for you and your baby.
- Free Prenatal, Birth and Parenting Classes. Please phone the Birthing Centre for contact details.
- A live-in Caretaker is on site.
What To Bring With You
- Comfortable clothes/nightgowns
- For birth - clothes, a pair of socks and a large t-shirt or sarong is good.
- Dressing gown and slippers or comfortable shoes
- Toiletries – soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste etc.
- Your own medications that you may be on
- Clothes for baby to go home in. Discuss this with your caregiver.
- Shawl or cuddly rug for baby
- Baby car seat
What We Supply
- Baby nappies and wipes
- Sanitary pads
- Clothes for baby to wear while staying at the Centre
- All towels and linen provided while you stay
- Meals, snacks and drinks (please state any special dietary needs on your booking form)
We welcome women and their families to come and see the centre by appointment.
Please phone the Birthing Centre (09)425 8201